Patancheru Industrial area near Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh State, India is considered as one of the worst polluted parts in whole asia. The health and livelihoods of the local indigenous people got affected due to pollution caused by the industries located here. I have filed a Public Interest Litigation for supplying free drinking water to these people, to which orders were given by High Court. I was also involved in more than 10 major environmental Public Interest Litigations, during 1996-1999 period, covering the following areas:
1. Godavari river water pollution
2. Nakka vagu and Pamula vagu pollution
3. Against excessive Sand mining from stream beds
4. Against indiscriminate blasting of the archean granites in and around Hyderabad.
5. Thermal power plant and its impact.
6. Shifting of Hyderabad airport – prevented expansion of airport in the present location.
7. Cattle depletion and its impact on agriculture of small and medium farmers.
8. Save inland fresh water lakes
9. Farmers committing suicides
10. Reuse of hazardous chemical containers for drinking water storage.
SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND CULTURAL ENVIRONMENT
CONCLUSIONS AND MITIGATIONS
I have not included the tables and pictures, would be added soon.